Saturday, November 24, 2012

Carpe Diem #53, Rain (provided by Bjorn Brudberg)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today Bjorn Brudberg provided us with the prompt rain  a wonderful prompt to write haiku with. I can remember that I have once posted on Chèvrefeuille's Haikublog a haiku for Haiku Heights September Challenge 2012 with rain for prompt. I even recall that episode was a good one. So I hope for today that you, my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers, can write lovely haiku on rain. I am looking forward to your posts.

Credits: Rain
What a beautiful rain-photo don't you think too? For inspiration maybe? Let's go and do some haiku composing on rain.

I love to share a haiku written by Kobayashi Issa, our November haiku-master:

spring rain -
growing side by side
the talking pines

The Pines 'voices' refer to the sighing of wind through their branches. And 'growing side by side' refers to married people. With this haiku came a prescript 'Congratulations on a new marriage'.

Another one by Issa:

the bright moon in raindrops
from the eaves ...
the geese depart

Both verses by Issa are well done ... they paint each a nice imagery ... in this Issa was a master.

OK ... now I have to write a haiku or two by myself ... let me think ...

on bamboo sprouts
the shimmering sunlight
in raindrops

Another one:

the old pond's face
trembled by the heavy rains -
my face wrinkled

And what do you think of this one?

every raindrop
a little rainbow diamond
in the early sunlight

Well ... what a joy to write these little gems for you my dear friends.


For closure a nice haiga. Enjoy today's prompt, be inspired and creative, share your haiku with us on Carpe Diem.

This prompt will stay on 'till November 26th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new prompt love later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).

Namaste


8 comments:

  1. Hello, Kristjaan, what a beautiful set of haiku you share with us today. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day Bjorn, thank you it was a joy to write these. Your's are beautiful too.

      Delete
  2. litte rainbow diamond-- you create a raindrop magically

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've pushed the "submit link" button. Let's see what happens. I'll read the other entries in between.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration. It's been fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charleen for sharing. Hope to see you often here. Every new visitor is so welcome here.

      Delete
  5. This is a fun prompt for me...thank you.
    Peace
    Siggi in Downeast Maine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just submitted my blog entry of today for a second time. I still don't have any idea where the bug might be.

    ReplyDelete