Saturday, March 16, 2013

Carpe Diem #147, Hatsu hana (first cherry blossom)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today we share haiku on Hatsu hana (first cherry blossom), it's my favorite prompt of this month, because I am always glad and happy as I see that the first cherry blossom blooms in my cherry tree in the backyard. It's really a joy to see that first fragile start of Spring. To me Spring starts when the cherry trees start to bloom ... it's really a joy to have this wonderful Spring starter as a prompt in this wonderful month of Carpe Diem in which we share haiku on classical Japanese kigo (seasonwords).


Credits: first cherry blossom

Those little fragile first cherry blossom ... every Spring again it's a joy to see that those bare branches of the Cherry Tree are becoming a sea of flowers. It's really a feast.

bare Cherry branches
covered with powder snow -
the first blossom

the first blossom
worthy to have a party
blooming cherry tree

blooming cherry tree
finally King Winter departs
longing for Summer


I am looking forward to your haiku inspired on our prompt for today. This prompt will stay on 'til March 18th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new Carpe Diem Special, a haiku by Onitsura, our haiku master for this month, later on today around 10.00 PM (CET). Hereafter I will give already the haiku by Onitsura.


tani-mizu ya ishi mo utayomu yama-zakura

the wild cherry:
stones also are singing their songs
in the valley stream






15 comments:

  1. oh the cherry blooms still a month away...

    Beautyfull haiku Kristjaan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry blossoms are indeed a joy as is reading your creative haiku, Chev. Well done. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cherry trees here but we look forward to the blooming of lilac trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the prompt! In Scandinavia cherry blossoms are not what initiates the spring. The coltsfoot is. It pops up even if there are some spots of snow left and makes us put on lighter shoes and put our scarves away. The view of the coltsfoot is most welcome. And in fact coltsfoot is called "horsehoof" in Norwegian. It is almost the same!

    COLTSFOOT

    opening the march
    towards the fall the coltsfoot
    resolutely is

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great trio.. really enjoyed reading them.. i also noticed how lovely the fellow carpe diem writers' haiku are! this prompt is absolutely inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cherry blossoms and such beautiful haiku examples. Maybe next month we will have blooms. Definitely in Washington DC. We are close enough to drive down when they have Cherry Blossom Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely to be able to enjoy your haiku Kristjaan. Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am leaving on Monday to on a trip to see the cherry blossoms. It will be my first time to see them in person in bloom. I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fresh and fragrant / just waiting their arrival

    ReplyDelete
  10. aloha Kristjaan - yeah, for me too, cherry blossoms are always a treat to discover. fun on these spring prompts too. aloha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a beautiful cherry that is beginning to blossom outside the window of the student intern room at my acupuncture school; it brings me great joy in between patients and inspires me when thinking about difficult cases.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liekd this prompt very much. Lots of nice entries by the other haijin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey..my comment ran away! WordPress and Google....I said I know cherry blossoms are a favourite theme of yours and haiku, and it shows so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finding the words to express the memory of the tree in my landlords rock garden was the most difficult.
    The memory is so real as if I am still there forty seven years later. Thank you, again, for the traditional prompts. Tho this was my "easy" one, all are a challenge in one way or another.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete