Friday, January 17, 2014

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge #27, "I catch the sunrise"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a busy week I have had. I have created a few new features on our second Carpe Diem Haiku Kai weblog. For example what do you think of a new feature about "senryu & kyoka" and of course there are a few other features published. Please take a look at that weblog you can find it HERE.

This week's Tan Renga Challenge is started with a haiku written by Ese of Ese's Voice in response on our prompt "Ob-River". She shared a trio of haiku, but this one caught me immediately, I have asked her permission to use it today ... so it can be that I have to change this challenge, because she didn't grant me her permission yet.
Here is her haiku to start this Tan Renga:

great expectations
entangled in fishing line
i catch the sunrise

(c) Ese

The goal of this feature is to complete the Tan Renga with a second stanza with 7-7 syllables, but you don't have to use the 7-7 count.

I catch the sunlight

What a wonderful haiku don't you think? This is my attempt to complete this Tan Renga started by Ese.


great expectations
entangled in fishing line
i catch the sunrise                                         (Ese)

Koi swimming in the old pond                      
golden reflections                                          (Chèvrefeuille)

Well ... what do you say from this continuation? It wasn't an easy task, but I enjoyed it very much. Now it's up to you ... to complete this Tan Renga. Have fun, be inspired and share your completed Tan Renga with us. !! This Tan Renga Challenge is NOW OPEN for your submissions !!


3 comments:

  1. Great choice for the tan renga challenge, Kris! This caught my eye too. I really love this haiku.

    ReplyDelete