Monday, July 14, 2014

Carpe Diem #515 Buson (3), "on the shortcut path"


!! I am a bit early with publishing, because I am in the nightshift !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to read all those wonderful haiku and tanka in responses on the haiku by the 'big-five' ... It makes me a proud (and humble) host ... I am so grateful for all the energy you, my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers, are putting into the effort to share every day on our prompts. Thank you ... your wonderful poems are my reward.

Today we have our third haiku by Yosa Buson:

chikamichi ya mizu fumi wataru satsukiame

on the shortcut path,
stepping through water to cross the meadow
in the summer rains.

© Buson (Tr. Chèvrefeuille)
Credits: Small Path Through The Meadow
What a nice haiku, don't you think so? It's not a wellknown haiku by Buson, but I think this one is surely one of his gems.
Here is my attempt to write a new haiku inspired on this one by Buson and in the same sense, tone and spirit, not an easy task I think, but ....
along our life's path
straight through the meadow of love -
a field of flowers
© Chèvrefeuille

Not a strong one I think, but I think it's doing well in the same sense, tone and spirit as Buson. I can see the scene in front of my eyes and it brought a lot of nice memories to me ... memories of falling in love for the very first time, losing first loves and find new ones ... just as that field of flowers ... a spectacular sight of thousand colors ... my life is just like that meadow overwhelming and breathtaking and colorful.
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 17th at noon (CET). I will post our next episode, an all new Ghost Writer post, later on.
For now .... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all here at our Haiku Kai. !! Visit our new Wordpress-weblog Carpe Diem Haiku Family and participate in the Shadow feature !!

5 comments:

  1. Both the attempts deserve praise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a quiet nightshift. I'm closing work in half an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful feel to your haiku, Kristjaan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely chosen haiku - and yours really fits well, with an added dimension of love. These really are beautiful, informative posts Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Yours and the photo fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete