Sunday, November 9, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #116, Tomas Tranströmer's "and the frigid sea"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's time for our second CD-Special by Tomas Tranströmer, our featured haiku-poet (and Nobel-Prize winner) this month.
I learned to know this haiku-poet by Björn. I had never heard of him, but recently I read an article in the magazine of the Dutch Haiku Association (HKN) about him and I was "sold". What a wonderful haiku Tranströmer has written and what a great idea to know that he got the Nobel Prize for Literature ... awesome ... don't you think so too?

For this CD-Special I have the following haiku by Tranströmer for your inspiration ... the goal is to write/compose an all new haiku inspired on his haiku trying to become in his sense, tone and spirit.

Credits: Oak Tree and The Moon
Oak trees and the moon.
Light and mute constellations.
And the frigid sea


© Tomas Tranströmer


This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until November 12th at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, symbiotic, later on.

1 comment: