Sunday, July 31, 2016

Carpe Diem #1011 happiness



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the first episode of a new month of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. This month I love to challenge your inspiration through fanmous (and not that famous) quotes by known and unknown people, but to start this month with I have chosen a wonderful quote by one of my heroes, Mahatma Gandhi (1882-1948).

Gandhi was murdered in 1948 because he fought against the British oppressor in India without violence only through his deeds and words. Gandhi was a very strong personality and also a very spiritual leader.

Mahatma Gandhi (1882-1948)

Here is the quote for your inspiration:

[...] "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." [...] Mahatma Gandhi

A very strong quote I think with a great spiritual layer and I think it will be "easy" to create a haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form inspired on this quote.

Here is my attempt:

gurgling stream
birds praising their Creator
symphony of nature


© Chèvrefeuille

Hmm ... not as strong as I had hoped, but well for starters ... I think it's okay. I hope you did like this episode. I don't have the prompt-list ready, so I can't tell you or next prompt. For now ... have fun!

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 5th at noon (CET).


1 comment:

  1. Carpe Diem Challenge # 1011 Happiness:

    all around the garden
    the catbird and I
    in happy conversation

    ReplyDelete