Friday, December 2, 2016

Carpe Diem #1084 Serenade (Schubert)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This month, the last month of the year 2016, December its all about music. This month I love to inspire you through beautiful classical music of all ages and from all over the globe. Music ... emotion as is haiku and tanka. Haiku and Tanka are almost the same according to the sphere we want to share ... emotions ...

A beautiful piece of music can bring me to tears, but also to big smiles. A beautiful haiku or tanka does that to me also ... there are several haiku and tanka which brought me to tears, but also brought bright smiles on my face.

One of the haiku which I recently wrote which brought me to tears was the following:

morning dew
evaporates at sunrise
a skylark's song

© Chèvrefeuille

You certainly will remember this one, because I wrote it as response on the death-poem by Jane Reichhold, whom I miss every day. Of course there was the sadness and sorrow for the loss of our beloved co-host Jane Reichhold, but in this haiku I see the disappearing of the (in my opinion) most beautiful part of the early sunrise as the sun rises and brings the dew its light ... making the dew into diamonds or little crystals, but than ... as the sun rises further that fragile beauty disappears, evaporates .... and than there is that song of the skylark ... an intense feeling, an intense emotion ... tears ...

This haiku could be a serenade ... to the one you loved and lost, but it also brings the idea of rebirth to us again.

Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
Franz Schubert

Franz Schubert (1797 – 1828) was an Austrian composer. Schubert died before his 32nd birthday, but was extremely prolific during his lifetime. His output consists of over six hundred secular vocal works (mainly Lieder), seven complete symphonies, sacred music, operas, incidental music and a large body of chamber and piano music. Appreciation of his music while he was alive was limited to a relatively small circle of admirers in Vienna, but interest in his work increased significantly in the decades following his death. Felix Mendelssohn, Robert Schumann, Franz Liszt, Johannes Brahms and other 19th-century composers discovered and championed his works. Today, Schubert is ranked among the greatest composers of the late Classical and early Romantic eras and is one of the most frequently performed composers of the early nineteenth century.

Today I love to inspire you with a wonderful piece of music composed by Franz Schubert. (Video created by Angelo Vullo)


Listen ... listen to this beautiful piece of music, I think it's one of Schubert's most beautiful pieces.

a new day rises birds sing their own little song leaves joining the mountain stream babbles forth reflecting the sun beams ... a light show

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... this time I created a tanka inspired on this music, I hope you did like the music and that it will inspire you all to create your beauties through the music ...

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 7th at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, The Kiss by Philip Glass, later on.


1 comment: