Sunday, September 3, 2017

Carpe Diem #1248 ending road


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to start a new month of CDHK. After our "modern art" month I have another beautiful month for you I think. Maybe you can remember our special feature in which I challenged you to create haiku (or tanka) inspired on an image, or a photo, that special feature was titled "Carpe Diem Imagination". This month, while we are on our way to our fifth anniversary (next October), I love to challenge you to create haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form, inspired on an image I have chosen. Of course I love to read poems inspired on the given image, but I know that several of you don't love the idea to use images from others for their inspiration, and ... well if you have trouble with the use of the images I share than you may use images made by yourself. If you use an image made by yourself than please share a little background on your image if possible.

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. I had for sure a great weekend. Well let's take of with our first prompt of this month themed "Imagination Without Limits". Here is the first image which I love to share here. It was found on Tumblr, but I couldn't retrive the actual owner of the rights, so if you are or know the one who took the photo, please let me know.


What do we see? I see water and something that looks like a bridge or something. The bridge is broken and the path is ending ... there is no way of passing through ... or you have to have a boat or have to swim.

wet feet
broken bridge
ends my path


© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I am looking forward to your responses and I hope to read gorgeous haiku ... no need to follow the classical rules, but if you want to ... feel free.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 10th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on.
By the way you can find the theme for this month above in the menu, but you will not find a prompt-list, because I decide every day this month which image I am going to use.


3 comments:

  1. Note to Noor: I really love your haiku on your Twitter. Unfortunately I cannot comment because I don't have a Twitter account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lolly - greatly appreciated! I have always admired the poetry, created by you...and will!

      Delete
  2. Another great idea for this month, great post and deceptively simple haiku. I search for this simplicity, that a Japanese man once told me was so complex to find.

    ReplyDelete