Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Carpe Diem #1330 loyalty


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our wonderful Haiku Kai, a warmhearted family of lovers of Japanese poetry especially haiku and tanka. This month we find our inspiration in the beauty of the novels by the renown Brazilian author Paulo Coelho.

Today I have chosen a nice quote from "Manuscript of Accra", a novel full of wisdom and spirituality. It is very similar with that beautiful novel by Kahlil Gibran "The Prophet". Of course I have read both novels and I loved them, but Coelho's "Manuscript ..." to me was really a novel full of beauty, but maybe that's because of the spirituality in it. It feels like Coelho's spiritual ideas are almost the same as my ideas about spirituality. In a way I feel connected with Coelho.

Path Through the Woods
This month we are "walking" the path together with Paulo Coelho's beautiful novels and today the following quote I love to share with you ... and I hope it will inspire you:

[...] ‘Loyalty has its roots in respect and respect is the fruit of Love, and Love drives out the demons of the imagination – which distrust everything and everyone – and, instead, returns purity to our gaze’. [...] (Source: Manuscript found in Accra - Paulo Coelho)

I had some difficulties with this theme "loyalty", but I think I finally came up with a nice tanka in which I have tried to catch "loyalty" in a slightly different way.

own life on hold
to be there next to his brother -
what a sacrifice
all her beloved ones gathering
around her death bed

© Chèvrefeuille

Not as strong as I had hoped, but I think this tanka fits ... in a nice way.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 26th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment