Friday, December 22, 2017

Carpe Diem Extra December 22nd 2017 The Troiku Contest


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Maybe you can remember that the FB-page "My Haiku Pond Academy" and CDHK had a Troiku contest. Several of you participated in that contest. The goal was to create a Troiku based on a haiku by Jane Reichhold (1937-2016):

golden shade
under the redwoods
evergreen violets

© Jane Reichhold

There were more than 30 contestants and earlier this week the administrator of My Haiku Pond Academy and I finished the judging. I have read wonderful Troiku in that contest and that made me proud. I couldn't have dreamed that Troiku, my invention, would be the theme for a contest.


The Results are now published on My Haiku Pond Academy the winner of this contest is renown haiku poetess Celestine Nudanu, runner-up is Giovanna Restuccia and the third place is taken by Ain Kurdistani. Next to these three poets we have two honorable mentions; Ahmad Holderness and Theophilus Femi Alawonde.

I will feature Celestine Nudanu next month in a special CDHK episode in which I will publish her winning Troiku.

Namasté,

© Chèvrefeuille


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Kristjaan for this wonderful honour. Wishing you all the best of the Season to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The honor is mine. Who am I that I may feature such a great poetess.

      Delete