Friday, December 22, 2017

Carpe Diem Weekend-Meditation #12 Christmas Troiku


!! Open for your submissions next Sunday December 24th at 7:00 PM (CET) !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's almost Christmas and we are entering the weekend before Christmas so it's time for a new weekend-meditation and as you maybe remember recently the Facebook-page My Haiku Pond Academy and Carpe Diem Haiku Kai organized a Troiku contest. This contest was built around a haiku by Jane Reichhold:

golden shade
under the redwoods
evergreen violets

© Jane Reichhold

There were mre than 30 contestants and earlier this week the administrator of My Haiku Pond Academy and I finished the judging. I have read wonderful Troiku in that contest and that made me proud. I couldn't have dreamed that Troiku, my invention, would be the theme for a contest.

peaceful Christmas
 For this weekend I love to challenge you to create Troiku. I will give you a few haiku to use for the Troiku (more about Troiku you can find in the menu above). I have chosen a classical haiku, a haiku by Jane Reichhold and one by myself. I have tried to use a theme for these haiku ... and ... no surprise I think ... that theme is Christmas (wintertime).

winter solitude –
in a world of one color
the sound of wind

© Matsuo Basho (1644-1694)

Christmas bells
pouring excitement
into the air

© Jane Reichhold (1937-2016)

Christmas bells
silent night
snow falls softly on the graveyard
the Savior is born

© Chèvrefeuille

Three nice haiku to work with I think. You may use them all or just one or two ... that's up to you. I am looking forward to your responses ... your wonderful Troiku.

This weekend-meditation is open for your submissions next Sunday December 24th at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 31st at noon (CET). Have a wonderful weekend, full of inspiration and the joy of Christmastime.


No comments:

Post a Comment